15 July, 2013

Kothambari Jeerige Saaru(Rasam)

A typical scene in a typical family on a typical rainy season would be a running nose, roaring sounds of sneezes, high temperature and on such typical occasions its very typical of me, preparing jeerige menasu saaru. But this time I thought I would get out of this typical saga and prepare this recipe. Thanks again to Ramya's Mane Adige.

What I used:
1 tsp Coriander seeds
1 tsp Jeera seeds
1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
2 Dry red chillies
Little Cilantro
1/4 tsp Tamarind paste
1/2 tsp Jaggery

For Tempering:
1 tsp Ghee
Little Mustard seeds
A pinch of hing
3-4 Curry leaves

Salt as per taste

How I did:
    1. Grind together coconut, coriander seeds, jeera, cilantro and red chillies with some water.
    2. Add about 3 cups of water and dilute the masala.
    3. Bring to boil and add tamarind paste, jaggery. Boil well.
    4. Temper with mustard seeds, hing and curry leaves.

How it looked:

0 comments:

Post a Comment